Grandpa's truck (Day 1)



July 4th, 2014 - Day 1


     My Grandpa recently gifted me his 1983.5 Nissan Pickup (720 version). My uncle bought it brand new in California and drove it for many years before he sold it to one of my other uncles, who eventually sold it to my Grandfather. My grandfather has had it for many years and now it's my turn!  This truck is barely older than I am and I'm in a little bit better condition!  

     It has the NAPZ 2.4L engine in it that also came in the 280Z. The engine has a piston-pin knock and I don't feel like dealing with an old carbureted engine so I'm currently looking for the DOHC Nissan 240/Frontier engine (KA24DE) that I can swap into it. 


I can't tell you all how excited I am to give some new life to this awesome little truck! Nicole and I finally had some time to check it out and work on it. Nicole wielded her camera and nifty-50 while I wielded the vacuum and screwdriver!  First thing's first...

let me introduce you!






The textures that 30 years of life adds are awesome. The smell, the sounds, the feeling... everything!







I love the small details.  :)
































Showing Grandpa that the valvetrain is okay and the sound he was hearing was bottom end.  

The work on this project will be slow but I will keep everyone updated!  I'm deep in research and inspiration! I have lots planned so make sure to check back in soon to see what's next!

If you guys liked the photography make sure to let Nicole know by swinging by her FB Photo page and showing her some love HERE


See day 2 and 3 here!

Comments

Popular Posts