The Epicness of "home"

I'm pretty sure this photo says it all....... This one is a definite click to to full size!!!!!!!!

Ill allow Merriam-webster to define "epic" as "extending beyond the usual or ordinary especially in size or scope"

"Epic" has become one of my newest favorite words and I think it might be because there isnt a better word to describe this area.

I think John Muir describes the awe of the Eastern Sierra pretty well - "Another glorious Sierra day in which one seems to be dissolved and absorbed and sent pulsing onward we know not where. Life seems neither long nor short, and we take no more heed to save time or make haste than do the trees and stars. This is true freedom, a good practical sort of immortality"

The Sierra Nevada mountains have been home to some of the worlds most renown artists such as landscape photographers Ansel Adams and Galen Rowell. It is still home and a #1 destination spot to many other artists and photographers today such as myself. Nothing can awaken ones soul and mind better then the pure beauty of the work of time and mother nature. Nothing man makes comes even close to the beauty of the mountains, spires, springs, valleys, flowers, fields, rivers and lakes.

"There are worlds of experience beyond the world of the aggressive man, beyond history, and beyond science. The moods and qualities of nature and the revelations of great art are equally difficult to define; we can grasp them only in the depths of our perceptive spirit.
"
- Ansel Adams

"I began taking pictures in the natural world to be able to show people what I was experiencing when I climbed and explored in Yosemite in the High Sierra."
- Galen Rowell

If you have ever been here, you know exactly what they mean...... I feel so lucky to call this epic place my home! I wish I could share it with everyone. I guess that's one reason I feel the need to blog! Anywhoo.... It's time to sign off as its officially to late to be writing.... Enjoy and ill see you next week!!!

Comments

Popular Posts