FORMULA DRIFT SEATTLE 2013!!

Need I say more?!   I've been to Formula Drift Long Beach and Irwindale multiple times and while this event is not nearly as big, it is just as fun!   I was so stoked to get to see the guys at another venue!

 Nicole and I arrived late Friday night because of work and stuff...  (click an ad and/or buy a photo and maybe we can start making it to stuffs on Fridays!  ;)   Looks like it's not Formula Drift but Formula Drifting!   Whoo hooo!   Can't wait for the Formula cars to get sideways - This should be interesting! We set up camp, partied with the Canadians (It's a BEENIE not a Tuque!), and slipped off to dream of the skid racing that would happen the next day.


 The next day the air was full of smoke and filled with the sound of screeching tires and screaming turbos

Don't lick the livery

 Friendly faces were everywhere!   I was excited to see my buddy "Spike" Chen (Pro-AM) had made it safely all the way up from So-Cal.   I have seen him drift a lot at Adams Motorsports park and was always one of my favorites.   He brought his beast of a car that I haven't had a chance to see run yet.




 Cameron Moore (Pro-AM) and the guys from VIP Performance checking out the action.

Two of my favorite local(ish) Pro-Am drivers Scott Pham and Ian Fournier came out to play.





 No surprise to see Taka!!  AE86 Corolla at EVERY event since the beginning!

Pwactice!


 Joon Meang's car is sexy on both sides.

 Ahhh, the Hankook girls.  Sadie, Erica, Jessica, and Katelynn always pull in the crowds and wring out the smiles.

 What's up D-Mac!!!!!!!   #1 Qualifier, that's what's up!

Lets play a game!   What's Robbie Nishida thinking about?


Unfortunately Daigo got knocked out by Toshiki Yoshioka in the first bracket.  I was hoping Nicole would get to see him drift live.  Just an excuse to make Irwindale!  ;)


 Kenny Meon's transmission fell out onto a tire somehow....

 I think Mike Essa likes his new car....   Maybe just a little.



 Hi Santa!   Sorry theres no barrier/clipping point you can stand at up here.   We will have to wait till Long Beach for the guys to trim that beard with their wings!

Papadakis is how motor-heads spell "Legend"


 Thinking about winning...

 'Sup Meang?


 This chick....   knows how to PAR-TY!



 Aasbo laying down his usual smoke screen







 Mullets are a must.   There will always be at least one at every FD event.



Learning young!  :)












 Let the fun Begin!  Top 16!


 D-Mac and Ken Gushi started the fun off - McNamara takes the win

 Ryan Kado and Mike Essa battle - Essa advances

 Getting gitty with Vaughn Gittin.   Gittin takes down Mertzanis

 Conrad lost his battle with Odi Bakchis

 Odi takes out Vaugh Gittin and goes on to battle Essa for third and loses!   Soooooooo close Odi!!!!  I want to see you on that podium man!

Robbie Nishida lost to Chris Forsberg and Aasbo defeated JTP.

Tire shreddage on hat....and lens   mmmmm yes!



Chris Forsberg took the win over Mike Essa with Aasbo in third.  With only two events left our top three point holders are separated by ONLY 3 points and 8 people within 100 points I can guarantee Texas and Irwindale will be EPIC!!!!    Here's to another sold-out event!  I love how the popularity of drifting has grown and I can't wait to see where it's headed!   I stayed for Tandem Mayhem the next day so stay tuned for the photo-dump!  

I need to give a huge thanks to my better half - Nicole.  She is always down to spend a weekend camping, breathing in tire smoke, and getting sprayed with tire shreds.  Not to mention she is an AMAZING photographer - Several of these photos are hers so go give her Facebook some love!


I am hoping to make it down to Irwindale but I NEED YOUR HELP!  It costs a lot for me to keep my equipment up and to travel.  It also takes me a LOT of time to sort and edit the pics and to write these posts.  Seriously - I put a lot of love into this!  IF you like my photos and write-ups on drifting PLEASE support me!  There are several options and none cost you anything - click on an AD so I get paid, share this blog, and like and share my Facebook at www.facebook.com/ShutterMeShortphoto.  Any single one helps and I will love you long time if you do all three!   To my fans that do help and support me THANK YOU!!!!!   Hopefully I see you at Irwindale!   


P.S. - I am also looking for a creditable media outlet to shoot for.  If anyone knows of someone that needs someone with mad ninja photo skills please point them in my direction!


Comments

  1. These pictures capture the excitement of this event, as reflected in the faces seen here! Nice variety of shots!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts